The Veritex Internship Program is a 10-week program beginning on June 1, 2021. The program is structured to provide rising seniors and graduate students with hands-on marketing experience and business exposure in the world of banking. You will be placed in a specific group that allows you to concentrate and quickly develop the marketing skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. You will work alongside banking professionals at all levels who will serve as your instructors and mentors. Our summer interns are partnered with mentors to assist you in acquiring greater professional knowledge and gaining confidence to take responsibility for your career development. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend learning sessions led by functional professionals across the bank. In addition to the responsibilities within your assigned role, you will also work with other Interns on a team project and have the chance to present to the Executive Management of the bank. Our program is designed to help you grasp what it’s like to work within the Marketing group and banking in general. Interspersed with your assignments and projects, you just might have the opportunity to volunteer on one of the many service projects sponsored by the bank!
Support & Guidance
Your assigned mentor/manager will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer interns. You will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different business groups and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. You will leave with a better understanding of the world of marketing within the banking industry.
At the end of the program you will have the opportunity to provide feedback about the overall program, your experience and receive a review from your manager.
- Current rising senior or graduate student
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong interest in Banking
- Solid academic standing with recommended course work in marketing as well as finance and/or accounting
- Microsoft Suite proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal, written, and creative design skills
- Interpersonal skills and individual initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Excel in a challenging environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things.