The Product Strategy and Pricing Manager reports to the Director of Strategy and Business Development as a member of the Viewpoint Product team.
The role’s objective is to drive the creation and implementation of Viewpoint’s product portfolio and pricing strategies. This will include conducting market and product research and analyses, building and managing comprehensive financial and pricing models, and delivering data driven insights and recommendations. This will require strong cross-functional collaboration including Product Management, Finance, Accounting, Sales, Support, Professional Services and IT. Additionally, the Product Strategy and Pricing Manager will lead and own the development of quantitative product dashboards, and coordinate the preparation and execution of regular product lifecycle reviews with the Chief Product Officer and the Product Management team.
The position has the following job responsibilities:
- Conduct market research, benchmarking and quantitative analyses
- Create presentations that clearly conveys complex analyses to aid executive decision making
- Recommend strategies based on deep research, thoughtful analyses and complex financial modeling
- Develop and execute on product strategy, including new product introduction and portfolio optimization
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Create framework and structure to aid product lifecycle decision making
- Complete analyses to determine Make, Buy, Partner decisions based on lifecycleProduct Pricing:
- Develop and manage complex financial and pricing models, ensuring precision, accuracy and reliability of model outputs
- Develop comprehensive pricing-implementation strategy and lead pricing reviews on opportunities with cross functional teams
- Ensure all value creating programs have appropriate value pricing strategies that maximizes profitability and win rates
- Identify pricing and licensing opportunities, including pricing optimization to increase profitability
- Lead the organization and presentation of pricing recommendations to pricing committees as per current review policyProduct Analytics and Metrics Management:
- Own and master capturing all data necessary to conduct analyses and to identify and track metrics
- Identify areas of opportunities and proactively conduct analyses to gain unique insights that can help drive product performance improvements (e.g., financial, customer success, sales, etc)
- Create KPIs and appropriate tracking mechanisms to monitor product profitability and strategy impactQualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of experience in investment banking, consulting, corporate development, product strategy / pricing or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with various software pricing models including SaaS pricing frameworks
- Extensive experience with quantitative analysis including business modeling and planning
- Extensive experience in the graphical representation and presentation of quantitative analysis
- Experience leading cross functional teams on business planning and execution projects
- Experience with enterprise SaaS software
Viewpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DISCLOSURE for US-BASED POSITIONS ONLY: Viewpoint requires a criminal background investigation, and employment and education verification as a condition of employment.