About this Project:
Virtue Foundation’s Actionable Data Initiative uses data science and AI in order to ensure that medical resources and personnel are deployed efficiently in under-served regions of the world. Born from years of on-the- ground medical missions, the project employs e predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms to analyze geospatial data, infrastructure, risk factors, and other environmental conditions to better predict need and match available resources.
Virtue Foundation is looking for a hardworking, dedicated, and flexible graduate or postgraduate research assistant to work on a project that is part of the Actionable Data Initiative.
Responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Verifying health facility data in low-and-middle income countries.
- Verifying nonprofit data in low-and-middle income countries.
- In-depth research and reporting on development indicators in countries of research.
- Drafting email campaigns to reach out to relevant organizations and health facilities to validate correct information.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, and displays a strong attention to detail. The researcher will work closely with the VF Program Director and VF Data Team, along with several of VF’s s board members.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing capabilities.
- Strong research capabilities.
- Experience with medical missions or working in low or medium income countries.
- Graduate student or graduate degree in: International Relations/Global Health, International Development, Non-Profit Management, Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry or Public Policy.
- Undergraduate students with an interest in pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-global health careers are also considered.