Operations + Infrastructure: Operations & Infrastructure builds, operates and maintains best-in-class IT infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, and continuously available.
As Data Center Operations Senior Analyst, you will support a world-class team of Data Center professionals supporting all network/hardware installations for Open Systems Compute, and Network Hardware and critical engineers. You will be a direct report of the VP Global Data Center Engineering and Operations and with Streamlining Global Data Center Operations through strategic process analysis, recommending new investments, and driving the data center innovation agenda.
Helping drive innovation in design:
· Leverage technologies and solutions in the space that may be unfamiliar but have the potential to provide for the business needs in the most optimal way
· Design and build in a way that addresses the requirements of the project/program, plans for short-term growth (no more than 2-3 years) per module, and educate the disparity between the IT lifecycle and the data center lifecycle.
· Drive research in following technologies for adoption:
· Immersion and direct to chip cooling solutions
· In-row and close-coupled cooling
· Modular power distribution, overhead busway
· Modular, scalable UPS
· In-rack infrastructure (UPS, cooling)
· Economizer, waste heat recovery system
Drive Innovation in Operations:
· Continue to improve our operations through best practices of efficiency Visa Data Center space.
· Adapt to changing requirements of the data center and the IT equipment and push the boundaries,
· Help drive ASHRAE Range A1 recommended à A1 Acceptable
· Analyze and advise changes Data hall humidity control dead band
· Reduce waste energy through UPS by increasing utilization per module
· Adaptive control systems taking advantage of seasonal changes to improve efficiency
· Leverage simulation technology before executing on designs/plans
· Continually monitor and adjust airflow management to match supply with demand
· Improve monitoring to capture the most pertinent data
Masters of Business Administration graduating February 2020-August 2021
Science Undergrad in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geology, or a related field
Data Center Operations Experience or Critical Engineering Operations Experience in military, manufacturing, or other life safety environments, where 100% operational availability was critical to overall success
Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
Previous Data Center Operations Experience
Critical Engineering Operations Experience (oil/gas/construction industry or on nuclear power plants)
Financial acumen and experience with tech evaluations, capital review, and operations metric analysis
Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
Strong ability to collaborate
Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an industrial environment. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms and transverse industrial enironments
/Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law./