Are you passionate about making a difference? Play a vital role in helping to grow and shape a dynamic nonprofit organization that is dedicated to reducing child mortality worldwide and helping at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals.
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated Development Intern to work in a mutually supportive and creative environment that is passionately committed to global health.
Development Intern (Account Management): Vitamin Angels is seeking an intern who is motivated to learn about the nonprofit sector, and to support the Development division in the research and cultivation of new donors, project management, and maintaining the Salesforce CRM system. This role is ideal for a candidate with an interest in non-profit work, sales/client relations, business development and communications. Vitamin Angels has an energetic, dedicated, and motivated team, and we strive for a fun, collaborative, and supportive work environment. This intern position will work on set projects under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Account Managers.
About the Development Division:
Vitamin Angels receives a majority of its funding from corporate donations. The Role of the Development Division is to identify and engage corporate sponsors to generate sustainable revenue and in-kind/product donations; this allows Vitamin Angels to reach more children and mothers around the world.
- Screening potential partners through introductory phone conversations and onboarding meeting for new partners
- Collaborate with staff on developing new ideas, directions, and venues for development and fundraising
· Attend weekly Account Manager meetings and share updates on leads and current projects
- Responding to general inquiry phone calls and messages
- Helping to research potential donors, and assisting with the creation of any materials necessary to pitch potential corporate sponsors.
- Mass emailing to smaller accounts, potential donors, and existing contacts with event invitations, new content, stories, and organizational updates
- Supporting the Development team after virtual events to follow up with generated leads.
- Helping input new leads and account data into CRM software program following best practices.
- Working with account managers to keep the corporate partners’ webpage on Vitamin Angels’ website up-to-date.
- Assisting the division with other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent and professional written and oral communication skills, and a collaborative team player (professional writing coursework strongly preferred).
- Ability to think creatively, with strong attention to detail.
- An interest in Vitamin Angels’ mission of providing nutritional support to those in need.
About Vitamin Angels:
Vitamin Angels helps at-risk populations in need—specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five—gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. Vitamin Angels works to reach underserved communities across the U.S. and in over 70 countries around the world. Vitamin Angels has the highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator for financial health, accountability and transparency.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Idealist
Job Location: Full-remote
Compensation: $400 monthly stipend
8-12 hours per week (flexible schedule)
Position starts in October