Position Type: Part-time: 2-5 days per week, with a total of 10-35 hours per week
Based in: Remote
Deadline to apply: October 6, 2021
Who we are and what we’re looking for
Launched in October 2018, VOW for Girls is an innovative new social change initiative that aims to galvanize the public and socially conscious brands to raise awareness of and create funding to prevent and end the international child marriage crisis. Co-founded by global human rights activist Mabel van Oranje and Ford Foundation President Darren Walker, VOW seeks to create new and sustainable resources to support the 12 million girls’ futures at risk of child marriage each year.
VOW is seeking an Intern to support our CEO with research projects around girls’ rights, fundraising, and the international development space. VOW aspires to be the charity of choice of the global wedding industry, building a sharp and differentiated brand that compellingly tells the story of child marriage and inspires wedding professionals along with engaged couples and their friends and family to support the organization. You’ll help us achieve that vision.
What you’ll do
- Assist with:
- Research on topics related to the girls’ rights landscape and associated funders, diving deep into initiatives advocating for the advancement of girls and against child marriage.
- Identifying appropriate financing stakeholders.
- Organizing and creating presentations for both internal and external parties.
- Build collaborative team-wide tools to help track girls’ rights financing in the For-Profit and NGO space.
- Support other projects as requested by the Office of the CEO.
- You are thoughtful and always dedicated to a high-quality standard and can comfortably manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to details.
- You are creative and you have a demonstrated ability to listen, problem-solve and take initiative – with a high degree of both internal and external customer service.
- You enjoy research projects and are resourceful in discovering new sources of information.
- You like to research, and you’re good at it. You know how to turn complex ideas into accessible and digestible information.
- You are a capable communicator with the ability to work well with a diverse group of people in a team setting and through virtual platforms.
- You are digitally savvy – you see the power of digital tools to build relationships and proactively look for ways to expand your knowledge.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate personal integrity and dedication.
- Interest in nonprofit, business development, communications, and/or girls empowerment preferred.
- At least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution completing a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Computer literacy, familiarity with Google Drive (docs, slides, sheets, Gmail, meet), and Slack.
- Must have access to a personal computer.
- Paid – $15 per hour
- Part-time: 2-5 days per week, with a total of 10-35 hours per week
- Length of internship: minimum of 8 weeks or until December 10, 2021
- Ideal start date: ASAP
How to apply
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter, including a short summary of why you want to work for VOW and what interests you in this position specifically. Please include how you became aware of this opportunity: job portal, referral, etc. Send your application by Wednesday, October 6, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VOW INTERNSHIP – Research Intern”
VOW for Girls is based in New York City and we plan to be working remotely through 2021 due to COVID-19. We are open to candidates who are not located in New York City.
VOW is committed to racial equity and social justice and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities, to provide a wide range of perspectives, ideas, views, and insights into the strategy, policies, culture, and ambitions of VOW for Girls. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.