WABA is a non-profit that is working toward creating a healthy, more livable region by promoting
bicycling for fun, fitness, and affordable transportation; advocating for better bicycling conditions and transportation choices for a healthier environment; and educating children, adults, and motorists about safe bicycling. One of WABA’s key initiatives is the Capital Trails Coalition (CTC). The CTC is working to build 842 miles of connected and equitably distributed multi-use trails across the Washington Metro Area. A well-connected regional trails network promises to help transform public life by linking diverse communities, promoting personal and environmental health, and building sustainable local economies.
The Capital Trails Coalition Program Operations Intern will assist the Capital Trails Coalition Manager in managing the Coalition day to day operations.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist with scheduling, note taking, and organizing monthly meetings with coalition members.
- Meeting management
- Outreach and community engagement
- Research organizations and community groups that should be involved in our work.
- Attend community events and meetings
- Social Media Management
- Develop content for our website
- Write blog posts, take photos, post to our Twitter account
- Ability to take detailed notes and summarize the notes into clear next steps
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to groups
- Can work independently and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Located or willing to locate to DC
- Has access to or owns a bicycle and is comfortable riding alone and in cities
- Must have paid stipend from university or organization
- Preferred: Has experience editing videos and using a GoPro.
- Preferred: Has experience with WordPress
- Experience using Twitter