Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Assess growth opportunities for Waste Management and develop company and Area-level strategies, including extensions of core businesses and innovative next-stage opportunities. Work on multiple projects simultaneously, across a broad range of priority topics and involve detailed investigation and assessment of competing companies, industries and technologies. Creative problem solver who can quickly synthesize the critical components of their research. Interns will generally work as part of a team with a Sr. Analyst or Group Director, but may also work in larger, cross-functional groups such as finance, operations, marketing, engineering and legal.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Research, prepare, and present written and verbal reports on internal industry and strategic topics.
- Assist with the process to champion and lead interdepartmental projects with other Staff to engage multiple key constituencies (e.g. finance, operations, marketing, engineering and legal) in the analysis, planning and implementation of assigned projects and corporate initiatives.
- Assist with the management of consulting teams throughout the process of conducting complex analysis, strategy development and group facilitation.
- Assist in organizing the integration of business strategy and planning initiatives with other departments.
- Assist with the Group leadership and development initiatives.
- Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- 1st year completed of Master of Business Administration Degree (accredited)
- GPA Requirement: 3.30
- Completed Course Work Hours: 60.0
- 3-5 years business experience (in addition to education requirement)
- Experience working with analytical models (financial, statistical, simulation, etc.)
- Experience conducting in-dept industry research, including financial conditions and industry trends.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels and across functional teams
- Project management experience, leadership, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independent of direct supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Available to travel up to 20 percent of time
- Interest in business and environmental sustainability issues, topics, and trends
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Job: *Administrative Support
Title: MBA Intern
Requisition ID: 21003830