This position is entirely virtual but candidates will be expected to work in New York, NY or Princeton, NJ if a full-time offer is extended at the end of the internship.
The global WSJ Membership team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones brand globally. We support the businesses by providing industry-specific membership that turns unrivaled reporting, insight, and data into members’ competitive advantage. We work across the Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, and MarketWatch brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. Our mission is to help meet business goals by being creative, innovative, and incredibly efficient.
What You Will Learn:
You are a highly motivated and energetic intern who will work closely with Membership managers to gain hands-on experience on a variety of projects from helping develop strategies for campaigns, analyzing those campaign results, and conducting market research, to assisting on media plans, executing social media projects, and building dashboards to measure key business KPIs. The ideal candidate is super creative, takes initiative, and has a keen interest in all things WSJ.
The internships will be spread across different teams including Retention, Engagement, Acquisition, **Data Science, Student Relationships, Marketing, Events Marketing, Events Audience, Professional Membership Operations, WSJ+, and Live Journalism.
- An undergraduate, currently pursuing a major in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years of school completed.
- Well-organized and have strong project management skills
- An exceptional communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently, demonstrate efficiency and problem-solving skills in completing required tasks
- Able to collaborate creatively within a team
- Proficient in social media and have a good knowledge of social media trends
- Timely, professional, and know-how to stick to deadlines
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
**Technical Skills: (For Data Science Internship)
- You have experience using analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Excel) and an interest in more advanced topics in analytics (artificial intelligence, experimental design, data engineering).
- You have some familiarity with either R or Python.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Princeton, NJ • New York, NY
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to become a world-wide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including our flagship Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News and other great products. World-class journalism lies at the core of our growing news-derived data capabilities, driven by innovation in AI and machine learning. We understand that the better the provenance of information, the greater the opportunity.