TX – Austin
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Training Specialist who will support technical assistance (TA) for several large- and small-scale education projects. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge with multimedia technology, virtual and live event facilitation, instructional design, and andragogy.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to transform materials, such as outlines, text, and handouts, into interactive webinars.
• Apply a user-centered approach to create engaging virtual and in-person learning experiences.
• Assist with the creation of educational content incorporating best practices in visual design.
• Facilitate virtual and in-person events.
• Collaborate in the following areas of online resource development: instructional design, technology integration, and multimedia development.
• Lead the post-production and maintenance of video content to include accessibility components such as captions and transcripts.
• Manage website content for Drupal website.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, media studies, public relations, training, education, or related fields.
• At least 1 year of relevant experience is required.
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidates must be organized, detail-oriented, ability to take initiative, be a multi-tasker and able to work independently and in a team environment.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Travel Accident Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.