Length: 6 weeks from June 7 – August 13, 2021
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Audience Development
Stipend: $350 per week
Deadline: April 21, 2021 at 6PM
The Marketing Intern provides key support for all marketing department activities including digital projects, print/digital communications, events, and promotional campaigns. The MI reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development (DMAD) and works closely with the marketing staff on a daily basis.
We hope that the Marketing Intern will gain useful tactical tools and marketing experience as well as insights in how a non-profit theater is organized and functions in the community.
- Assist Graphic Design Director in creating digital content for use on the Playhouse website, social channels, and email marketing campaigns.
- Participate in department brainstorms on new ways to engage Playhouse audiences.
- Assist in managing virtual Playhouse events or livestreams, including
- Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and others.
- Assist with management of Playhouse social media channels.
- Assist with placement of Playhouse events and programs in online community calendar listings, including research on new listings and other ways to broaden our reach and engage new audiences.
- Other support for marketing department as needed
Above duties may fluctuate pending departmental needs. This position will be remote with some possibility of in-person work based on the current needs of the department and current COVID restrictions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 1–2 years of college or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a creative, innovative, and constantly evolving environment.
- Interest in theater or performing arts
- Attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Suite preferred (primarily Photoshop and InDesign)
- Social media and light video editing skills a plus
- Comfort with learning new web-based applications and content management systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or similar word processing and spreadsheet programs.
SPECIAL COVID FACTORS
- With current Shelter-In-Place restrictions in effect, most Playhouse staff is currently working from home including our interns. If in person work is required, your supervisor will contact you.
- Should you not have access to a computer to work from home, one can be provided for you.
ABOUT WESTPORT COUNTRY PLAYHOUSE
Westport Country Playhouse sits on Paugussett and Wappinger land.
The Playhouse is a non-profit organization that produces theater from playwrights, actors, directors, and designers of all backgrounds, while entertaining audiences and exploring human and societal issues along the way.
As our nation grapples with current events, we at Westport Country Playhouse have begun the process of creating an antiracist environment with our staff, artists, community leaders, and board members. We are having ongoing discussions around equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) as well as relevant trainings in antiracist practice, bystander intervention, and social justice. All Playhouse staff, including the interns, must be committed to learning about EDI work and engaging with the Playhouse in this mission.
YOU SHOULD APPLY
The Playhouse is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply