Are you a fun, smart, dynamic student who wants to gain experience writing content like social media, blogs, and more?
Are you hardworking, dedicated, and able to roll with the punches when things change unexpectedly?
We want to work with you! WHIP Communications is looking for an intern to help manage the content process for our clients. This role will be a hands on learning experience and this intern will get to dive into the work head first.
WHIP Communications is a boutique communications consulting firm that helps clients with their communications needs. We strategize and implement communications plans — with a strong focus in digital marketing — to raise brand awareness, engage stakeholders like advocates, donors and corporate partners, drive fundraising goals, achieve KPIs, and move the needle on global issues.
WHIP has clients across a variety of industries, but we focus primarily on nonprofit organizations, corporate social responsibility, and social impact. Ideal candidates will be interested in a variety of subjects and be willing to learn about new clients as they arise.
This internship is heavily focused on content creation and writing, so applicants must have experience drafting blogs, social media language, and other content.
Compensation: $1,000 stipend.
- Brainstorm blogs, social media, videos, and other content.
- Draft social media language (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) for clients in various sectors.
- Help create media pitches, press releases, and media lists for press pitching.
- Monitor for and share news articles relevant to clients or WHIP Social.
- Develop and maintain a media coverage archive for all press hits for clients or published articles written by WHIP Social.
- Pull data and analyze campaign’s digital performances.
- Stay abreast of current trends in social media and marketing in order to draft informational blogs and content for WHIP Social’s brand.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Applicants should have an understanding of and experience with communications, journalism and/or public relations, social networking and blogging.
- Background knowledge in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Global Health preferred.
- Applicants should be available 10-20 hours a week.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in Google Suite, including Docs and Sheets.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.