FLVS Interns will be assigned to client engagements and introduced to basic accounting and financial analysis projects. They will work closely with Senior Associates and Associates to provide a high-level of client service. FLVS Interns must excel in a dynamic environment and take on new responsibilities as necessary while operating within the highest of ethical standards.
- Conduct industry research and fact finding using various methods including the Internet, interviews, current publications, government databases, and other information sources.
- Analyze data using regression analysis, financial modeling, and spreadsheets.
- Summarize information from analyst reports, industry research, and client materials to aid in the formation of expert opinions.
- Assist in the creation and presentation of findings.
- Verify timeliness and accuracy of analyses.
- Ensure all the documents have been reviewed and the relevant facts are given to the expert witness and the case team.
- Attempt to work through issues encountered in assignments by researching the issue at hand, identify solutions, and communicate the issue and the solution to the Senior Associates, Directors, Managing Directors or Partners.
Skills and Requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, or related.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 (undergrad) and 3.5/4.0 (grad).
- Proficient in all aspects of MS Office.
- Effective communication skills.
To perform the job successfully, the professional will demonstrate the ability to:
- Exhibit a high level of dedication with a positive attitude;
- Work on multiple projects with others and independently
- Research companies, products, industries, markets, and economies;
- Effective problem solver;
- Understand basic public accounting standards, systems, and protocols;
- Excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment;
- Utilize analytical and quantitative skills;
- Understand financial standards, models, and tools;
- Uphold ethics and compliance; and
- Be part of a team, have a professional presence, and exhibit leadership skills.
- Regular, physical, and predictable on-site job attendance.
- Occasional same-day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars which requires use of a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars.
- Additional hours as needed to meet client expectations and deadlines.
Whitley Penn LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please submit resume through Bauer.
Please make sure to list the following on your resume:
- Cumulative GPA
- Accounting and/or Finance GPA
- Projected Masters Graduation Date
- Projected CPA Eligibility Date