About Whitley Penn
Established in 1983, Whitley Penn has become one of the region’s most distinguished accounting firms by providing exceptional service that reaches far beyond traditional accounting.
The primary mission of Whitley Penn – from its inception to today – has been to provide an unmatched level of high quality service to our clients. This is accomplished in three ways:
1. Hiring the best of the best
2.Having detailed knowledge of the intricate business of accounting
3. Constantly innovating to refine our practice
Focusing on this mission ensures consistent improvement as our firm continues to expand, diversify and grow its clients, services, and professionals.
Business accounting services we provide include, but are not limited to:
• Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Services (FLVS)
• Risk Advisory Services (RAS)
• Tax and Consulting
• Transaction Advisory Services (TAS)
• Outsourced Accounting Solutions
• Wealth Management
• Oil and Gas Consulting
Our steady growth over the years reflects our knack for hiring individuals with talent and integrity, and our ability to stay one step ahead of the issues our clients face in an ever-changing business landscape. Our unyielding commitment to quality service has helped us land on the “Best of the Best” list of INSIDE Public Accounting’s rankings of the top 25 accounting firms in the U.S., for more than a decade.
Today with offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and Plano, 63 partners, approximately 530 exceptional employees, and a worldwide network affiliation via Nexia International, we are strategically positioned to grow and excel in the future.
Other accolades include:
• “One of the Top 100 Firms in the U.S.” – INSIDE Public Accounting
• “Best of the Best” – INSIDE Public Accounting
• “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” – Accounting Today
• “The 100 Best Companies to Work for in Texas” – Texas Monthly
• “Top 100 Places to Work in DFW” – Dallas Morning News
• “Best Places to Work” – Houston Business Journal
Although the daily practice of our company culture comes naturally to us, we’ve worked very hard to implement and maintain a unique culture that is seldom found in the accounting industry.
Simply put, our culture is based on people, and is exhibited through the respect, encouragement, and courtesy that we share. We want to help people be the best they can be and achieve all that they desire. Therefore we combine emotional investment with intellectual capital, along with the opportunities our firm has to offer, to ensure that our employees achieve success both on a personal and a professional level. Our oath to professional ethics is the foundation for everything we do. From the way we serve our clients, to the manner in which we run our company, our affairs are conducted with the utmost virtue.
We learn, innovate and succeed by sharing knowledge, embracing diversity and working together. We promote a healthy, non-stressful work environment. We know that too much work is counterproductive, so we encourage our professionals to achieve a work/life balance that is conducive to personal and professional goals. We frequently engage in company activities, and we support community involvement. Time away from work to be with family is never discouraged. Balancing work and life is a challenge in any career, but our culture helps us make sure we keep our priorities straight.
WP Edge Associate (Outsourced Accounting Services) Qualifications:
· Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s degree not required, but always a plus!
· Candidate must have an accounting and cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0
· Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. and not require current or future sponsorship
· Candidate must possess good communication skills and professional presence
· Candidate must exhibit a high level of dedication with a positive attitude
· Candidate must be a team player who takes initiative and is willing to learn
Expected Graduation Date (CPA Eligible):
· May 2021
Please submit resume through Gateway.
Please list the following on your resume:
· Cumulative GPA
· Accounting GPA
· Masters Graduation Date
· CPA eligibility Date
Whitley Penn LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.