Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Client Operations Specialist is responsible for client operations and service support, using strong administrative skills and attention to detail to serve as “mission control” to the Wealth Management team members. This position offers opportunities for growth in the Client Operations track, the Investment Operations track, or the client-facing Wealth Management track.
Why Willis Johnson & Associates?
Willis Johnson & Associates is a fast growing, award winning, wealth management firm specializing in corporate executives and professionals. We help our clients optimize everything in their personal financial lives from compensation and benefit strategy to tax mitigation, from retirement planning to investments. We also have an in-house CPA to provide tax preparation for our clients. And with everything we recommend, we put our clients first—all the time, every time. No product sales. No commissions. Straight fee-only financial planning and asset management.
The same way we take care of our clients, we invest in our team. Aside from providing a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability/life insurance, 401(k), and PTO, we pride ourselves in supporting personal and professional growth. We encourage and incentivize continued education for all employees and support their participation in educational conferences and events. WJA is also proud to be one of the Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors by Investment News multiple years in a row.
• Prepares and processes paperwork to open new investment accounts. Uses expertise to instruct advisors on best paperwork processes to establish clients’ targeted accounts
• Responds to service requests and processes related service paperwork
• Performs status checks throughout transfer processes, communicating status with team members
• Ensures all submitted paperwork is fully completed, accurate, and “in good order”
• Serves as Custodian liaison by coordinating all related questions and actions
• Debriefs client cases with advisors and coordinates trade instructions to Investment Team
• Prepares client summaries for client Financial Planning Review Meetings
• Records all client service tasks and notes in CRM to ensure all actions are processed timely and accurately, ensuring all steps are taken appropriately
• Assists with trading platform and client account billing, serving as a critical back-up for these functions in the absence of Investment Operations Associate
• Prepares client Investment Review books in the absence of Interns
• Prepares money balance reports, performance reports and weekly/quarterly GIPS analysis as needed
• Assists Portfolio Manager by preparing various spreadsheets and reports for Investment Team Meetings in the absence of Investment Operations Associate
• Attends weekly Operations Team Meeting
• Coordinates the scope, timeline and resources for the successful implementation of key projects, including but not limited to firm-wide paperless initiative, development and documentation of firm’s proprietary client and operational processes, etc.
• Regularly reviews, audits and refines current operational processes and systems
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Entry level role; 1-3 internships with client service, administrative or operations experience at an investment, financial planning, wealth management, banking or insurance firm is a plus
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills in a highly-collaborative team environment
• Detail-oriented with strong prioritization and project management skills to drive progress of firm projects; ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality work
• Strong technology skills, including MS Office (Excel), CRM and internal portal technology
• Highly adaptive and responsive to changing needs and deadlines
• Ability to establish structures, checks-and-balances, and maintain follow-up systems
What We Offer
- Work/Life Balance. For Real
- Collaborative, Positive Teammates
- Advancement Opportunities
- Autonomy in Your Role
- Professional Development Options
- Rewarding Work That Matters
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $52,000-$58,000/year
- Plus 5-15% discretionary performance bonus paid out bi-annually.
- 401(k) plan with opportunity to earn up to 7% the first year and 10% with tenure.
- Best and brightest leaders will have opportunities to buy into and become owners in the firm over time.
- 10 paid holidays and 15 PTO days to use at your discretion.
- Employer paid Health/Dental/Vision insurance premiums for individuals and families.
- Employer HSA contributions
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
To Apply- Because we are looking for an exceptional candidate to be the next member of our team, our entire advisory staff participates in the selection process. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, followed by “Client Operations Specialist” in the subject line.