Willis Johnson & Associates is excited to invite college Juniors and Seniors to explore a career of digital marketing and content creation in the financial services industry this Spring. This intern will join our fast-paced, collaborative Marketing & Sales team to receive technical training, one-on-one mentorship, career development. Additionally, they’ll undertake a Portfolio Project from one of our internship pathways: Content Optimization, Research & Automation, Events & Outreach, and Content Creation. The Marketing Intern will participate in strategy sessions, develop and assess content, and will play a key role in expanding the marketing and sales pipeline alongside our team.
Why Willis Johnson & Associates?
Willis Johnson & Associates is a fast growing, award winning, wealth management firm specializing in corporate executives and professionals. We help our clients optimize everything in their personal financial lives from compensation and benefit strategy to tax mitigation, from retirement planning to investments. We also have an in house CPA to provide tax preparation for our clients that need it. And with everything we recommend, we put our clients first—all the time, every time. No product sales. No commissions. Straight fee-only financial planning and asset management.
How is WJA different from other marketing departments?
In the Marketing & Sales department at WJA, we are a small, but mighty team. With our focus on strategy and specialized expertise, we’re able to produce more high-performing content than many of our competitors with teams of a greater size or agency assistance. Our team is tight-knit and leaves egos at the door, which enables us to create immediate impact for the firm’s bottom line.
For our team, we’re not looking for “just another intern” to join us— we’re bringing someone on as our fourth team member to tackle our projects alongside us for the full duration of their time with us. You’ll solve real-world business projects and get to offer and implement solutions. As such, we provide a competitive compensation package and offer access to continuing education, networking, and corporate events to our interns.
We embody the “work hard, play hard” mentality — while free coffee, soda, and snacks are a given, we frequently have company happy hours, themed potlucks, and celebratory team lunches on the calendar to connect with one another outside of our work.
Lastly, this isn’t a coffee-and-errands internship. The size of our team offers an opportunity for cross-training and interdisciplinary collaboration with subject matter experts. As the marketing intern, you’ll discuss strategy with leadership, pull together content with the finance and tax teams, and even work with the investment and operations teams for various projects. At WJA, we’re continuously learning and sharing our knowledge with one another, so, if you come with a willingness to ask and discover, you won’t be disappointed.
The Marketing Intern will be asked to select a specialized pathway that aligns with their future career goals. The pathways are: Content Optimization, Research & Automation, Events & Outreach, or Content Creation. Upon selecting their pathway, the intern will discuss additional projects and duties as it pertains to their interests and skills. A few of the duties this intern will take on include:
· Drafting, designing, and scheduling social media content
· Researching competitor content and digital marketing best practices (SEO, email marketing, webinars, and digital advertising) to present to the team and implement across various channels
· Assisting in business development efforts, including email marketing, outreach and research, social media postings, and copywriting for ads
· Brainstorming and collaborating with key stakeholders for various firm-wide events
· Creating various forms of marketing collateral (infographics, social posts, videos, ads, etc.)
· College junior or senior currently working towards a Business, Marketing, Communications, English, or Graphic Design degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· Strong research and organizational skills
· Highly interested in a career in Marketing, Content Creation, or Sales
· Strong technology skills, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
· Both an independent worker and a strong team player
· Detail and goal-oriented with enthusiasm for learning; must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality work
· Knowledge in basic design tools such as Canva, Powerpoint, mockup tools or graph creators
· Must have a designated quiet workplace with secure private wi-fi connection for remote work as we continue monitoring the COVID-19 crisis
· Working knowledge of Adobe’s Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign programs; Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects are a plus
· Experience in Microsoft or Google’s office suite (ex. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)
· Working knowledge of Google Analytics
· An interest or pre-existing knowledge of personal finance or financial planning
· Ability to provide writing samples or examples of graphic design, web design, or video editing work
To Apply- Because we offer only two internships each year, we’re looking for exceptional candidates. Our entire team participates in the intern selection process. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, followed by “Marketing Internship” in the subject line. If you’d like to provide writing or graphic design samples, please include up to 3 as an attachment to the email.