Under general supervision, develops new or maintains existing processes or modules/components according to specifications or guidelines using established procedures, standards and practices. Responsible for implementation of a primary technology for a single product, and a general knowledge of the technologies in use across a line of products. Performs unit testing or limited quality assurance testing on processes or components to ensure accuracy and viability of development assignments. Document applications, technologies used and procedures as required experience.
As a Tax Developer/Analyst, you will:
• Perform the analysis, research, and interpretation of state and federal tax rules and regulations and apply this knowledge through implementation of our proprietary software development application.
• Program tax return calculations, e-file paths and update user interface within proprietary software development application to conform to year-over-year agency changes.
• Self-test tax return calculations for accuracy, consistency and usability.
• Develop Form print positions to obtain state Agency approval of all assigned forms, within deadlines.
• Work closely with Forms Compliance to obtain forms approval from state Agencies.
• Analyze, interpret, prepare and input tax test data scenarios to obtain MeF (Modernized e-filing) Assurance Testing system approval from state or Federal Tax Agencies, within assigned deadlines.
• Coordinate and address any issues identified through Quality Assurance Teams: Forms Calculation, Forms Compliance and Programming.
• Maintain assigned tax products during tax filing season based on review from Quality Assurance and feedback from users.
• Conduct research through electronic tax research tools (such as CCH IntelliConnect)
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
• Ability to Develop strong professional working relationships across several teams as well as state and local tax agencies, in order to proactively monitor changes to tax rules, trends, and mandates.
• Flexible, detail oriented, self-starter with positive attitude able to work in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to provide project status updates, upon request both verbally and in writing on a regular basis.
• Ensure assigned tasks are completed within established time frames for software delivery deadlines.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
• One or more years of work experience is required
• Highly computer literate, including proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
• Ability and willingness to work extended schedule as required to meet all project deadlines.
• Prior tax experience is a plus.
• Prior detail oriented role involving data and calculations preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.