Women Creating Change is an inclusive community that partners with organizations and underserved women to develop and strengthen the skills and resources needed to effectively advocate for New York’s diverse communities. WCC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Women Creating Change is seeking an intern to join our team to help support the organization’s ongoing communications, CRM and operational activities. The part-time, paid intern will work with and report to the Sr. External Relations Manager to help with communications, operational work to support the mission of the WCC, and civic engagement among women living in New York City.
Responsibilities – 80% Operational/20% Programmatic:
- Assist with external communications campaigns to ensure digital communication vehicles, such as the website and social media platforms, are accurate, up-to-date, and carry messaging representative of the mission and vision of WCC.
- Help maintain accurate donor records and capture donor communication, outreach deadlines, and other relevant information in the WCC Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Gather monthly Google Analytics reports and when necessary, WCC CRM reports.
- Occasionally conduct research and develop best-practice recommendations on issues pertaining to women’s civic engagement as well as assist with the preparation and facilitation of educational and outreach programs.
- Assist with developing and updating the production of WCC content (print/digital—web, social media) for WCC, including one-pagers, brochures, monthly e-newsletters, annual reports, presentations, and other written materials.
- Work with other staff members to ensure the development and implementation of programming that attracts supporters and advances WCC’s mission.
Qualifications/Skills (although an applicant may not have every desired skill, WCC is committed to training and supporting interns through their work):
- Currently a college student or recent graduate.
- The ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions.
- Highly developed oral, written communication, research, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working on social justice issues – professionally and/or personally.
- Excellent project and management and ability to work in a small, fast-paced office managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate growth mindset through resilience (rebounding and learning from challenges, setbacks, and failures), engaging in expansive thinking (constantly exploring new ideas, strategies, and resources to solve problems), and showing curiosity (eager to get to the bottom of things and understand the “why” behind them).
- Experience with—MS Office suite, Google, suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, CRM, social media. An aptitude and desire to quickly learn web-based software applications.
Hours: 15-20 hours a week. Flexible schedule.
Compensations: $15 per hour.
To Apply: Please e-mail your cover letter (that clearly explains why this position at WCCNY is uniquely suited to your talents) and resume to Attn: WCC Intern Position at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. You will only be contacted if we are interested in pursuing your candidacy.