WCI is a Philadelphia-based not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that works in emerging democracies and post-conflict regions around the world to equip women to actively participate in public advocacy, market, and political processes. In providing the requisite skills, knowledge, and culturally sensitive support, we develop leaders globally who transform the lives of everyone they serve. Since its founding in 1998, WCI has worked in more than 45 countries to promote women’s leadership fostering the sustainable transformation of communities. Two current programs run in Philadelphia, and our other recent programs have taken place in Afghanistan, Kenya, and Malawi.
Women’s Campaign International seeks a savvy self-starter to assist our marketing and communications efforts, with a strong focus on social media and storytelling. The Social Media Intern will report directly to our Operations Manager but will have the opportunity to work with the President, Program Manager, community contacts, and consultants.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work with WCI’s dynamic team to craft impactful visual and written messages and contribute to storytelling over social media.
- Assist in planning and executing our social media strategy with a marketing professional
- Update and maintain WCI’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram updates via Hootsuite, our social media management platform
- Design digital marketing materials, including posts and graphics
- Assist in planning and writing our monthly eNewsletter
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and avenues for marketing and communications
- Other tasks TBD based on your individual skills, interests, and goals
- Firm grasp of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Canva, Google Drive
- Completed or working toward a college degree (preferably in a related field like English, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Art/Design) OR have 3+ years of experience
- Previous experience in marketing or communications roles preferred for college students/grads
- Proficiency in Webflow, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Illustrator, HTML, or graphic design is a plus
- Effective communication, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate warmly and professionally with internal stakeholders and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Women’s Campaign International and the communities we work with
Start time is flexible during October and November
Members of marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.