Job Search Resources
Bauer alumni may access job postings, internships, information sessions, career fairs and workshops specifically for Bauer business majors through the Bauer Career Gateway. Access is easy, simply login using your MyUH (peopleSoft) ID. If you do not know your MyUH (peopleSoft) ID click here to retrieve this information. If you have any questions or need additional assistance with the Gateway, contact the Rockwell Career Center.
On-Campus Recruiting Orientation
On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) is a program that allows alumni to interview with employers who visit Rockwell Career Center to find qualified applicants for full-time, part-time and internship positions. To submit your résumé to these positions, your résumé must be uploaded and approved on Gateway. In addition, applicants must meet employers’ criteria which may include but is not limited to: GPA, graduation date range and major. If you do not meet the criteria, consider attending an employer information session to network and learn more about the company. To learn more about the On-Campus Recruiting program, please review the following video:
NOTE: Alumni are strongly encouraged to complete this orientation to fully understand how the On-Campus Recruiting program works.
For any questions, concerns or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-842-6120.
MBA Focus for Alumni
If you are an MBA Alumni, you may want to submit your résumé to the online Alumni MBA Resume Book. MBA Focus is a premier recruitment tool that will provide you with a valuable opportunity to market your experience to local and national recruiters representing top ranked corporations. MBA Focus also features exclusive national positions posted on their job board.
University Career Services
Serves UH alumni from all majors. For more information: www.uh.edu/ucs
Job Search Sites
Professional Organizations related to your career
LinkedIN: Join UH groups as well as professional organizations related to your career: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=6775117
Bauer College Office of Alumni Relations
Learn more about the Distinguished Leader Series, Power Hour, Breakfast Networking group and more offered through Bauer Alumni Relations: http://www.bauer.uh.edu/alumni/index.php
University of Houston Alumni Association (UHAA)
UHAA offers events, tailgating and more for all UH alumni: http://www.houstonalumni.com/s/1442/2/start.aspx?gid=2&pgid=61
- Seeking additional experience? Consider helping your community. Offer your time to organizations that rely on volunteers to function. Gain additional experience and contacts to help you transition in to your new career. Here are some benefits of volunteering. You can make a difference, and contribute to things you care about.
- Volunteering may help you find a new career path and explore new interests.
- Volunteering provides opportunities to work with diverse populations. Meet students, alumni and members of your community. Employers like professionals who have leadership skills and experience. Volunteering is an opportunity to gain, build upon and fine tune these skills.
Volunteer with the Rockwell Career Center
- Assist with résumé reviews or mock interviews
- Recruit a Bauer Student (Internship or full-time jobs)
- Speak on a panel or during a workshop
- Mentor a Bauer Student
Find volunteer opportunities based on your interests, location and more: http://www.volunteermatch.org/
United Way of Houston offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities:https://www.unitedwayhouston.org/about/volunteers/