The Commercial Banking Track and Certificate (CBC) is a complete undergraduate education designed to
prepare students for a career in commercial banking. Students pursuing the Commercial Banking Certificate in Finance must meet the traditional BBA requirements for Finance majors. Students who complete the Commercial Banking Certificate will take specific Finance and Accounting courses designed to equip them for success in the commercial banking industry.
Finance courses required by all Finance majors:
• FINA 4320: Investment Management
• FINA 4330: Corporate Finance
Required Commercial Banking Finance courses:
• FINA 4341: Commercial Bank Management
• FINA 4343: Credit Analysis
• FINA 4380: Real Estate Finance
• FINA 4342: Financial Evaluation of Corporate Reports
Required Advanced Business courses:
• ACCT 3366: Financial Reporting Frameworks
• ACCT 3367: Intermediate Accounting I
• ACCT 3368: Intermediate Accounting II
Corporate Credit Analysis
Capital Services and Mergers & Acquisitions
Loan Origination and Packaging
Credit Scoring and Risk Management
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Spirit of Texas Bank
STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Gain a solid background in business including marketing and accounting.
• Get experience through part-time, summer, or internship positions in a financial service firm.
• Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to work well with a diverse clientele.