The Bauer Real Estate Certificate Program offers a solid foundation in real estate fundamentals and a focus on mastering the professional practice of real estate. Courses are taught by practicing professionals who are experts and leaders in the industry. Through engagement in the real estate community and working on field-based projects, students gain the expertise and experience of real estate as a professional practice. Graduates are “job ready” and have the career opportunities that come with a personal network of colleagues in the industry.
The BBA Finance Real Estate Certificate requires a minimum four course, twelve credit hour curriculum. Students desiring to be admitted to the Real Estate Track and Certificate Program must apply and meet the standards for admission. A 3.0 GPA is required to remain in the program.
Successful completion of:
• FINA 4320 Investment Management
• FINA 4330 Corporate Finance (with a grade of B or higher)
• FINA 4380 Real Estate Finance and Investment (with a grade of B or higher)
• FINA 4381 Essentials of Real Estate
• FINA 4382 Developing a Real Estate Project
• FINA 4383 Real Estate Market Research and Valuation
Students interested in additional Real Estate electives can choose to take any of the following elective courses after successful admission into the program:
• FINA 4397 Residential Real Estate
• FINA 4397 Mastery of Real Estate-Capstone
Real Estate Portfolio Management
Camden Property Trust
Keller Williams Realty
Marcus & Millichap
McGuyer Homebuilders, Inc.
STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Obtain sales experience through part-time, summer, or internship positions.
• Research how to become a real estate broker through the National Association of Realtors.
• Develop an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Research apprenticeships in appraisal.