What Does A Logistics Specialist Do
Logisticians analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer. They manage the entire life cycle of a product, which includes how a product is acquired, distributed, allocated, and delivered.
Logisticians typically do the following:
- Manage the logistical aspects of a product’s life cycle from design to disposal
- Direct the allocation of materials, supplies, and products
- Develop business relationships with suppliers and clients
- Understand clients’ needs and know how to meet them
- Design strategies to minimize the cost or time required to transport goods
- Review logistical functions and identify areas for improvement
- Propose improvements to management and customers
Logisticians oversee activities that include purchasing, transportation, inventory, and warehousing. They may direct the movement of a range of goods, people, or supplies, from common consumer goods to military supplies and personnel.
Logisticians use software systems to plan and track the movement of products. They operate software programs designed specifically to manage logistical functions, such as procurement, inventory management, and other supply chain planning and management systems.
Continue reading at Zippia